Any foreign visitors wishing to enter the Republic of Korea must have a valid passport and obtain a Korean visa before the visitation.
However, people of 90 countries who wish to visit Korea temporarily are permitted to enter without a visa according to visa-exemption agreements or in accordance with principles of reciprocity or national interest. More information about visa-free entries for foreigners.
Countries under VISA Waiver Agreement
For accurate VISA information, Please visit the 'KOREA VISA PORTAL' website or ask to Korean Embassy.
If you need a letter of invitation for participating in the iFPC 2022, please email to iFPC 2022 Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your invitation letter request must include the following details;
- Participant's Full Name
- Name of the Affiliation
- Presentation Title
- Registration Number
Korea Electronic Travel Authorization
All foreign visitors who wish to enter the Republic of Korea must obtain K-ETA permission to board aircraft and ships bound for Korea.
You must apply at least 72 hours before departure by accessing the K-ETA website or mobile app (K-ETA).
The validity period of a K-ETA is 2 years from the date of approval. K-ETA approval does not guarantee entry to the Republic of Korea.
- Fee : KRW 10,000 (approximately USD 9~10, additional fee excluded)
- Payment by credit and debit card - automatic calculation of fees by country based on exchange rate.
- If the application is completed with incorrect information, it cannot be corrected and re-application is required, so make sure to reconfirm the information entered before the final payment.
- Click Here for more information
The final determination of a traveler's entry will be made by the immigration official during entry immigration inspection.
- Applicable to : 112 countries that can enter without a visa. Click Here for updates.
- Applicant : A person who does not have a valid Korean visa
- A person intending to enter the country for the purpose of tourism, visiting relatives, participating in events or meetings, and business (other than profitable activities)
- A person who plans a short-term stay in Korea for business or tourism purpose
* For other inquiries, please proceed through the Korea Electronic Travel Permit Center. (www.k-eta.go.kr → notice → questions)
* Foreign language counseling available: 9am-12pm, 1pm-6pm on weekdays
Q-code (Quarantine COVID19 defense)
From 22.4.1.(Fri), Korean time, not only those who have completed domestic vaccinations, but also those who have completed overseas vaccination who have not registered their overseas vaccination history with the Korean public health center will be exempted from quarantine if they use the Q-code to enter quarantine information in advance.